Tuesday, May 1, 2012

HSPU and Chin-ups

Focused on strength training today.  I was very sad to discover that I could barely do a chin-up.  It's been a while since I've consistently worked at them but I had deluded myself into thinking I somehow managed to keep up the strength.

5x5 Handstand push ups (against the wall)
One minute rest in between sets
Note:  These should be challenging!  If you can't touch the ground, use a book or block underneath your head to gauge distance.  Make sure you reach the full depth each rep.  If you can barely go down, I would recommend modifying.  Let me know if you need modification suggestions. 

5x1 Chin-ups with 5 second hold up top
One minute rest in between sets
Note:  Make sure you start with your arms fuly extended.  Add reps if you can do more than one.




No comments:

Post a Comment